World Children’s Day 2021
- 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Gujarat Science City, Ahmedabad
World Children’s Day was first established on 20th November, 1954 as an ode to children all over the globe. It is observed each year to promote togetherness, awareness and action towards the welfare of children globally. November 20th is an important date as it is the date in 1959 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child. It is also the date in 1989 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
This year’s World Children’s Day celebration, organized by Elixir Foundation in partnership with UNICEF, Department of Science & Technology, Government of Gujarat and Gujarat Science City supported by Gujarat Youth Forum will take place on the 20th of November, 2021 at Science City. It will witness participation from 100 children along with dignified persons from the Government, UNICEF, youth leaders and institutional personnel.
World Children’s Day offers each of us an inspirational entry-point to advocate, promote and celebrate children’s rights, translating into dialogues and actions that will build a better world for children.
The program will showcase:
1. ‘A Student-led workshop’ which highlights team-building and develops coordination.
2. ‘Young Change-Makers Talk’ – a journey sharing by three change-makers followed by interaction and Q&A
3. #KidsTakeOver Roundtable discussion on ‘What Does an Ideal World Look Like’
4. Science City Experience Tour
5. Cultural Performance
6. Painting Exhibition themed ‘Reimagining a COVID-Free World for Children’
7. Lighting-up Planet Earth and Group Photo
Participation Certificate, Exclusive Participation Kit, Science City Experience Tour and Refreshments
Dress Code: Free Dress
Eligibility: For Students from Standard 8 to 12